Adding a new spark of life to inefficient and outdated kitchen can be one of the best investments that any homeowner can make. Despite of the fact that they cost more than any other home improvement project, their return on investment (ROI) is 85% higher when compared to any other part of the house. So, when you aspire to remodel the kitchen, then the first step is to understand what will be the expenses.
Every remodeling is not the same and this is the reason why their cost varies in terms of budget, preferences and priorities. On an average, the materials required, such as kitchen cabinets in Dubai, countertops, appliances, lightning and other fixtures, take 80% of the cost, while the rest 20% is for labor charges. The material cost is further divided where cabinetry accounts 30% of the budget, followed by 15% for appliances, 10% for countertops and 7% for flooring. Only 5% is dedicated to windows, doors, ceilings, lights and walls.
Since there are several options available in the market, homeowners can easily control the expenditure by considering what would be ideal for their kitchen. In fact, they can even consult with a kitchen designer before dealing with the project, as this will give a complete overview about the options, designs, and ideas that can help you to make the most of it.
5 Easy Ways to Budget Kitchen Remodeling
There are five simple and easy ways that you can follow to budget the entire process of remodeling, and they are
• Make a list of priorities: What is that essential that you always wanted to have in your dream kitchen- cabinets, appliances or incredible lights? Enlist those essentials that are important to you and consider them when you are preparing a budget.
• Prepare a budget and stick to it: Once you are done with the demands of the project, the next step is to have an accurate budget according to it. For this, you can take help from free quotes provided by the company and then plan the budget carefully.
• Determine how to breakdown expenses: Remember, kitchen remodeling is one of those few projects, where you have to spend on one element and less on the other. This why it is best to determine how you want to breakdown your expenses and then work according to that.
• Keep 20% of the budget for unexpected charges: If your kitchen is too old, then you might be encountered with surprising expenses, like rotten walls and floors or outdated electrical wiring. Therefore, it is best to keep yourself prepared for that by dedicating at least 20% of the budget for the same.
• Understand the details of the project: Consider how the remodeling project will be carried out by the professional and make a note of every phase step-by-step, so that your dream kitchen can turn into reality.